Manager of Precinct and Place, Sydney Metro Delivery at Transport for NSW.
Helen Laverty is a dynamic Place Maker and Project Manager with a particular talent at engaging communities and developing robust partnerships. She is currently the Manager of Precinct and Place, Sydney Metro Delivery at Transport for NSW.
Her experience includes:
- Event management and economic development,
- Migrant services,
- Disability and older peoples’ policy,
- Services for young people and
- Management of some of the most ethnically diverse and socially challenging housing estates in the UK.
Helen’s NGO, local and state government community, policy and project management roles have enabled her to successfully collaborate with a range of people and navigate changing development environments.
She has extensive professional skills in:
- End to end project management,
- Strategic planning,
- Community development and
- Action oriented implementation.
Educated with a Bachelor (Hons) in Social Science, with a Major in International Relations and Social Science and Policy from the University of NSW and a Masters in Management from University of Wollongong, she is well equipped to deliver place programs, bring to the table a range of technical professionals to solve ‘wicked problems’ and lasting urban renewal.